Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Outsider


This coffee shop is old and familiar
Like this city is to me
And though I sit here today
Its not the same as it used to be

Its not the place that matters
Its the people around who care
The mirth in joy, the pain in sadness
Is not the same without someone to share

The owner here has changed
He doesn't recognise me from farther
Cause today I am not fighting for the couch seat
Or giggling when I come to take my order

I sit silently writing in a corner
Hoping he would notice me in the end
This lonesome girl he doesn't know
He knew that cheerful friend

Tired I give up agonised
Then laugh over this conquest of mine
The need to be recognised
Will go away with time

And so will disappear
The guilt of an intruder
Cause wherever you go around
You will be an outsider.




3 comments:

vC said...

acccha hai..

thoda different bhi hai.

outsider waali feel bhi aa rahi hai..

write more

Unknown said...

Very Nice ......

Heart-touching...

Ashu told me about ur blogs....

Its really good....

Keep it up..

Amol Wankhede

Unknown said...

I just loved this one.